If you haven't purchased a virtual reality (VR) gaming system, you are in for a whole new world of adventure and entertainment. Oculus Quest 2
, also known as the Meta Quest 2, is from Meta technologies. It has become the premier gaming VR for many passionate VR gamers today.
A Complex Technology Like Virtual Reality Requires More Than a Manufacturer's Limited Warranty
Like most of today's complex electronics products, the average user can't dig into the machine and perform a quick fix. Instead, we need professional help from certified technicians if anything happens to our gear.
What's more, Meta Oculus is no ordinary electronic gadget
. Founded in 2012, the business saw the future in VR gaming popularity and started producing head-mounted displays to pair with hand-grip controllers. This exciting technology has allowed people to enjoy new depths of experience. The feeling of existing inside the game is second-to-none for those who experience VR.
With that, an Oculus manufacturer's limited warranty won't be enough to ensure that you can play, without disruption, for years to come. The standard warranty covers what most people expect, such as clear manufacturer defects and failures for one year. Many times, these flaws might not present themselves in the one-year warranty period. Further, you will need to box up your VR gaming console and controller and ship them on your own.
Relying solely on the limited warranty is inconvenient and leaves room for blindspots in coverage. For better protection, pair it with an extended manufacturer's warranty or protection plan.
Does Oculus Offer an Extended Manufacturer's Warranty?
While Oculus does offer some extended protection for its products, the Oculus and Meta pricing considerations and coverage are not clear for consumers and can be hard to find until you are deep into the checkout process. The unclear and and ambiguous terms have given many people a moment's pause as to whether it is worth the additional investment. As of today, May 22, 2023, pricing to protect a Meta Quest 2 is $59.99 for two years of coverage, including accident coverage. For the Meta Quest Pro, the price is $159.99 for two years.
An Extended Warranty or Protection Plan is Essential for the Oculus VR and Controller
Although Oculus's extended warranty offerings are cryptic, that doesn't mean you should give up on the protection quest. Just imagine playing a game where you become fully immersed and knock your headset off, seeing it crash to the ground. You instantly wonder how you might pay for a whole new set without breaking the bank. Also, you don't want to forego the fun of VR gaming. An protection plan for the Meta Oculus Quest 2 from Upsie
lets you play your game freely without worrying about what will happen if anything happens to your gear.
Upsie Offers the Protection Plan You Need for Your Oculus VR and Controller
You will have plenty of things to think about as far as setting up your gaming room and other basic configurations
, so you want to make sure your system is fully covered for long-lasting fun with your cutting-edge technology. Upsie offers the best protection plan for the Meta Oculus Quest 2 and Pro.
- 2-year coverage plan with accident protection for $47.76 with a $50 deductible should you need to make a claim
- 4-year coverage plan with accident protection for $95.52 with a $50 deductible should you need to make a claim
Upsie only take a deductible if you make a claim - otherwise leaving more money in your pocket when you don't have any issues! Upsie's plans cover the issues that worry VR gamers most:
- Drops that result in screens and hardware
- Liquid damage from spills
- Failures of power, speakers, and memory
How Does an Upsie Protection Plan Work?
Upsie takes the worry off your mind with a seamless experience, from purchase to the repair of your repaired or replaced VR headset or controller.
Here is how to buy your Upsie Protection Plan:
- Buy an Upsie protection plan up to 4 YEARS after your purchase as long as it is in good, working condition. (That means you can also add Upsie AFTER a shorter length retailer or manufacturer warranty expires!)
- Or if you buy it brand new, upload a picture or copy of your Oculus Quest 2 or Pro's product receipt into your Upsie account to waive the initial 90 day claim restriction
If you encounter a problem with your Oculus Meta Quest 2 or Pro after purchasing an Upsie protection plan, here's what you can do:
- Start a claim online with Upsie 24/7/365 to get things moving in the process
- Prepare to send a photograph of your Meta device for verification (if requested)
- You will be directed to take your Oculus to a local certified repair facility from our nationwide vetted network. Or request to be sent with a box and prepaid shipping label to mail it in for service.
Contact Upsie for More Information on the Best Protection Plan for Your Oculus VR and Controller
If you are ready to dive into the world of VR technology, Upsie is here to help you do so with confidence. Contact the Upsie customer service team
for more information on protection plan options available to you for all your electronic devices.
Learn More About Gaming Protection: