Roku quickly rose to popularity as it became one of the most popular streaming devices. With a Roku device, you can access all of your favorite streaming platforms from one singular hub, making it easier than ever to switch back and forth between apps and shows. Roku also gave some access to certain live TV shows.
TCL Technology, a popular TV manufacturer, paired with Roku to bring the TCL Roku TV
to market. With this television, there’s no need to purchase a separate Roku device. Instead, the TV has built-in Roku technology so you can enjoy your favorite shows, music, videos, and more. Here’s a simple guide
on setting up and doing some simple functions on your TCL Roku TV.
Connecting to WiFi
Having built-in streaming apps in one hub on your TV is super convenient, but it won’t do you much good if your TV isn’t connected to the WiFi. Some 4K TCL Roku TVs have an ethernet port if you’d prefer a wired connection. If not, here’s how to connect TCL Roku TV to WiFi in three easy steps.
- Press the home button and select “Settings” from the home screen
- From the “Settings” menu, navigate to “Network” > “Wireless”
- Select your WiFi network from the list of detected networks, and then type in your WiFi password
And that’s how to connect TCL Roku TV to WiFi. It’s super easy, and you’ll be streaming in no time.
TCL Roku TV Controller
One of the most common questions about Roku TVs is if you can connect the Roku remote to TVs with Roku software. The answer is no. The Roku IR remote uses a different technology that makes it incompatible with the TCL Roku TV. However, there are plenty of easy ways to control your Roku TV.
First, your TV will come with a remote. All you need is to put batteries in the remote, and it should automatically connect and control your TV. Your TV-guided setup will help you with all this.
Second, you can use your smartphone as a Roku TV remote! Just download the “Remote for TCL Roku TV” app from your phone’s app store. Your phone will automatically detect your Roku TV over WiFi and connect. Then, you’ll be able to do everything your remote can do right from your phone.
If you lose or don’t have access to your remote, it’s important to know how to turn on the TCL Roku TV without a remote. How you do this depends on your TV. Different Roku TVs have different panel buttons. There should be clearly marked power and volume buttons if you have a TV with a joystick, four, five, or seven-panel buttons.
Here’s how to turn on TCL Roku TV without a remote for models with one or three buttons:
- One button: Short press (under two seconds) the TV panel button
- Three buttons: Press the middle button to turn the TV on, the right button for volume up, and the left button for volume down
Resetting Your Roku TV
Sometimes you need to reset your TV to restore it to the original setting or to help solve a problem. With a remote, you can do two kinds of resets. One resets the audio and video to the original settings. The other is a full factory reset. Here’s how to reset TCL Roku TV with a remote:
- Navigate to the Settings menu
- Select “System” > “Advanced System setting” > Factory reset
To reset audio and video:
- Highlight “Reset TV audio/ video setting”
- Press play/pause three times in a row
To do a complete factory reset:
- Highlight “Factory Reset Everything”
- Key in the code displayed on the TV on the remote pad
Sometimes you need to do a reset and can’t access the remote or can’t use the screen. In that case, you can reset a TCL Roku TV.
Reset with the reset button:
- Use a paper clip or other tool to press the recessed reset button on your TV
- Hold for at least 12 seconds
- Release with the status indicator comes on dim
Reset without the reset button:
- Press and hold the mute and power button together
- Unplug the TV and plug it back in while holding the mute and power button
- Release when you see the startup screen
Protecting a Your TCL Roku TV
You’ll love the convenience of having all your favorite streaming apps in one place on your Roku TV. That’s why it’s a good idea to keep your TV protected
. Upsie has extended warranties
that could save you up to 70% on your warranty. Protect your TCL Roku TV by selecting a low-price 2-year, 3-year, or 5-year warranty plan with no deductible!
With a plan from Upsie, your TV will be covered for mechanical defects, dead pixels, screen burn-in, and more. If your TV does break, Upsie will help you schedule a convenient in-home repair so you can get back to streaming in no time.
Learn More About TVs: