Whether you’re hunting for your first electric toothbrush or replacing the one you’ve used for years, you want to find the best out there. But wait, did you know there’s another option, perhaps better or, dare we say, “smarter” than the electric models? Yes, the toothbrush industry has decided to dive into the smart toothbrush model
Since our homes, watches, phones, garage doors, refrigerators
, and pretty much everything else is getting smarter, why not our toothbrushes?
But first, let’s learn more about smart toothbrushes and what they can do.
What Is a Smart Toothbrush and Why Use One?
While a smart toothbrush might sound like dental science fiction, it’s not as technical as one might think. Basically, you can do more to support your commitment to good oral hygiene with a smart toothbrush, thanks to an accompanying mobile app
that helps you manage your dental habits.
Since the American Dental Association (ADA)
recommends brushing twice daily for two minutes, a smart toothbrush makes it easier to stay on track for clean, beautiful teeth and healthy gums. However, some people have complex dental issues that require more brushing sessions for longer durations each day, and a smart toothbrush and mobile app can help.
The Companion App Makes the Smart Toothbrush Shine
Each smart toothbrush has a designated app, and manufacturers focus on making the companion app as comprehensive and intuitive as possible, so you don’t leave anything out, and it’s easy to manage it all. Even better, newer models of smart toothbrushes feature pressure sensors, which connect and communicate to your smartphone to give you information about your oral care routine. For kids’ models, apps offer games and other ways to motivate little children to take tooth and gum care seriously.
The Philips Sonicare 9900 Smart Toothbrush
If you have started your smart toothbrush search, you might have come across the Philips Sonicare 990 Smart Toothbrush. You might know the Dutch brand, Philips, thanks to its array of products since the late 19th century. Over the past few decades, Philips USA has turned its focus to improving its customers’ health with various products. Many of those products are electric toothbrushes. With the smart revolution, the company decided it is time to deliver a better oral hygiene experience that helps ensure good dental health.
Does Philips Sonicare 9900 Smart Toothbrush Have What It Takes to Live Up to Your Dental Needs?
According to Electric Teeth
in September 2021, the Prestige 9900 is the best smart toothbrush available. Users report that this product has a great hand-feel, which is vital for toothbrushing sessions. This sleek and eye-catching smart toothbrush is a unanimous industry and fan favorite, but let’s take a closer look at the features and specifications to make sure you agree with the kudos before making this big investment in your dental health.
- The well-crafted handle looks and feels good.
- The visible pressure sensor helps you apply the correct pressure, preventing you from brushing with too much or too little force.
- The pacer and timer help ensure that you brush at the right time and for the right amount of time.
- It has a long life between battery charges.
- The BrushSync feature reminds you when it’s time to replace the brush head.
- Sonicare’s Bluetooth and AI technology work seamlessly, simplifying the user experience.
- It comes with a compact, stylish, leather-like travel case that has an executive-level appearance. It also allows for charging your smart toothbrush while it’s in the case.
Are There Any Cons to This Smart Toothbrush?
Philips has done an amazing job with this smart toothbrush, and it’s tough to find any flaws with it. However, it isn’t perfect, and if you are on a tight budget, there are less expensive options that do a fairly comparable job with one or two fewer bells and whistles.
Here are a few less-than-ideal considerations that might help you decide if this one is worth the expense:
- Bluetooth connectivity doesn’t add much to the overall experience and isn’t essential.
- There isn’t a place to put the detachable USB cable that goes with the travel case, so you have to tuck it somewhere else.
- It is one of the more expensive options.
The Verdict: Is the Philips Sonicare 9900 Smart Toothbrush the One for You?
With a beautiful physical design, excellent smart elements, and a beautiful case, the Philips Sonicare 9900 is an excellent option, as long as it fits into your budget.
Learn More About Beauty Tools: