Manufacturers and retailers make a practice of standing behind their products with a warranty, according to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
. Like all good things, those warranties have their limits and come to an end. That is where investing in an extended warranty becomes so crucial to digital single-lens reflex camera (DSLR) enthusiasts. If your plan is to keep taking photographs for years, then you want coverage the day after the manufacturer warranty expires.
has you covered, whether your camera lens is new, used or refurbished.
Should I Buy an Extended Warranty for a Camera Lens?
Like you want to add years to the life of your digital camera, you want to do the same with your camera lens or lenses. An extended warranty buys you more time
to snap photos in comfort and with confidence, no matter where you take your gear. Upsie extended warranties offer you two-to-three years of additional, affordable coverage to protect your camera lens to keep capturing special shots from the distance and angle you prefer. With extended warranties including accidental damage protection from Upsie, you can enjoy coverage from dropping your camera and damaging its lens due to a crack or water damage. Standard manufacturer’s warranties never cover accidental damage.
While you can purchase an extended warranty through the retailer and manufacturer, it is costly. They make a considerable profit over your concern for the health and functionality of your camera lens. Sometimes referred to as service contracts, stores don’t typically advertise the cost, which is a red flag. Upsie offers full transparency, affordable pricing and multiple service options. Additionally, Upsie warranties cost an average of 70% less than retailers because we care about offering high-caliber service at reasonable prices.
What Does a Lens Protection Plan Cover?
A lens protection plan covers various issues, including:
- Mechanical Failure. Such problems include manufacturer defects and non-accidental failures to moving parts.
- Zoom Issues. Zooming in is a crucial function for your lens.
Is Accident Protection Included?
Yes, Upsie includes accident protection for spills, submersions, drops and cracks.
Does Upsie Cover all Major Lens Brands?
Upsie covers major lens brands that our customers love and use daily, including:
- And more
How Long Do I Have After Purchase to Buy a Lens Warranty?
Once you purchase your camera lens from your selected retailer, you must buy your lens warranty from Upsie within 60 days
. To obtain your warranty, you need to provide proof of purchase via your receipt, showing the date of purchase, manufacturer, model number and purchase price.
What Is the Claims Process Like?
Upsie’s goal is to make the claims process as quick and straightforward for you as possible. To get started, visit the My Stuff
page, enter your email address and password, then select the appropriate plan. You will see a claim number listed. Provide that number when you call the Upsie claims center, and our customer service staff will take you through the claims process, answering any questions you have along the way.
What Are the Extended Warranty Prices for Camera Lenses?
Upsie offers extended warranty prices for lenses that avid photographers will love through two plans for a $600 camera:
- 2-Year Warranty with Accident Protection starting at $62.99 with a $25 deductible
- 3-Year Warranty with Accident Protection starting at $83.99 with a $25 deductible
What Are the Key Benefits of Purchasing an Extended Warranty from Upsie?
We strive to offer you the best quality repairs and replacements at a price you can afford, but there is more to it than that. Here are some of the key benefits we offer our valued customers:
- Reasonable cost, lower than big-box retailers like SquareTrade and Best Buy
- A low competitive deductible of $25
- Available up to 60 days after lens purchase
- New, used and refurbished lenses can be protected
- Warranty plans available for 2 or 3 years
- Covers accidents like drops, spills and liquid submersion
- Warranties cover various issues, including mechanical failures
- Enjoy multiple services options, including local, and shipping it in
- If repair is not feasible, we offer a replacement option
- Unlimited number of claims up to the value of the lens
Who Can I Contact If I Have More Questions?
Our customer service team, staffed with real humans, is here and happy to help you 24/7/365, whether you have a claim or a question.
with any questions you might have about our extended warranty plans for camera lenses to help determine which one is best for you.
Learn More About Camera Warranties:
* This article is over 6 months old and may or may not be updated.