An elliptical machine is a great choice for people considering investing in a piece of versatile fitness equipment. Whether you need a gentle introduction to exercise that supports your efforts as you progress, or you want support training for triathlons, an elliptical machine can help you achieve your goals.
Once upon a time, you might have thought that home ellipticals didn’t have anything close to the same quality, or potential workout results, as commercial models. While this was once true, the demand for quality has pushed home cardiovascular equipment to greatly improve over the past two decades. Even today, the technology continues to improve to meet and exceed customer satisfaction.
According to Statista
, an elliptical was the second most popular home fitness equipment in 2018, behind the treadmill
. They are on track to maintain that strong position, at least through 2024.
Why Should You Consider a Home Elliptical?
As you browse the market for fitness equipment, you might wonder if an elliptical is suitable for your fitness goals. Let’s face it, if you’re a healthy runner with no injuries, your best bet might be investing in a treadmill. However, if you’re a runner trying to mix up your workouts between training runs on the road and lower impact days, an elliptical is a great call. It allows you to recover from hard runs and build different muscles.
But the great thing is that an elliptical machine is good for just about anyone who wants to pursue their fitness goals. Let’s take a look at a few reasons you might want to buy an elliptical:
- You want to exercise with intensity, but you also want to go easy on your joints.
- Elliptical trainers operate quietly so that you can do it without disturbing family members or apartment neighbors.
- Ability to work out your arms at the same time as your legs, thanks to the arm paddles.
- You have the option to work different muscles, such as your core, gluteal, hamstrings, calves, and quadriceps.
So, if any of these goals resonate with you, you should search for a home elliptical. The question you probably have is which one you should buy among so many choices? Keep reading to learn about a few of today’s top home elliptical options and the best extended home fitness equipment warranty
to keep your fitness goals moving forward.
The Best Home Elliptical Trainer for Your Goals
Once you start searching for an elliptical machine, you might feel overwhelmed. There are a ton of options from multiple major brands to seemingly endless features and specifications that might not mean much to you until you start using one. Let’s take a look at a few of today’s top models to give you an idea of what’s out there and best for you.
NordicTrack Commercial 14.9
If you’re ready to go for the gold and shell out $2,000 for a quality investment, the NordicTrack Commercial 14.9
is the best overall choice. CNET
notes that this machine has it all, and there isn’t much room for argument. Here are some top features on this deluxe elliptical machine that is truly an investment in your health and fitness:
- Adjustable stride length to accommodate your height and leg length
- A 14-inch color touchscreen
- Auto-adjustment capabilities
- Oversized cushioned pedals
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Stable and solid, weighing in at 32 pounds
- Magnetic resistance offers a quiet workout and smooth movements
With such an expensive machine, you should properly care for it and keep it in good working order. Doing so naturally leads you to consider the best warranties. Fortunately, Upsie has you covered with three-year and five-year warranties for ellipticals in this price range:
- 3-year warranty for $141.99 with no deductible that covers malfunctions, defects, broken cables, cracked readout screens, and more.
- 5-year warranty for $230.99 with no deductible that covers malfunctions, defects, broken cables, cracked readout screens, and more.
Sole E25 Elliptical
If you want to make more of a mid-range investment, the affordable Sole E25
offers you the right balance of affordability and high-quality machinery. It will support you through your basic fitness goals and training sessions for weekend athletic events. Here are some features you might like that come with the Sole E25
- The 20-pound flywheel means peak stability
- 20 resistance and incline levels
- Bluetooth audio speakers
- A USB port
These are only a few of the many ways that the Sole can help you achieve your fitness goals. Further, Upsie can keep your high-caliber elliptical trainer up and running at top condition for years to come. For machines that cost between $500-999, with the same coverage listed above, plans are as follows:
- A 3-year warranty costs $123.99 with no deductible
- A 5-year warranty costs $202.99 with no deductible
Keep Your Elliptical as Fit as You Are With an Upsie Fitness Insurance Policy
No matter what kind you ultimately choose to buy, you’ll want it to stay fully operational for years to come. An Upsie elliptical extended warranty
can ensure that your trainer does just that. With 24/7 customer claims, and a speedy claims process, you will never be without your elliptical for long should it break. Upsie has your back.
Learn More About Fitness Equipment: