Rowing machines often carry an air of mystery in far corners of fitness centers. People sometimes feel like, if they aren’t a world-class rower, they aren’t up to the task of rowing their way to fitness. If you have ever eyed this low-to-the-ground cardio machine and wondered if it’s right for you, the answer is “yes, it is.” Also known as an ergometer, or erg for short, the rowing machine offers you a bounty of health benefits. It’s even easier to reap all those healthy rewards if you invest in a rower for your home gym.
Ergometers have been available for home consumers for several years. However, as more people build gyms in their garage or basement to fill the gap left by gym closures during the coronavirus pandemic for much of 2020, the rowing machine has become an increasingly popular home gym option, offering a low-impact and meditative workout
that is suitable for all fitness levels.
If you want to strengthen your heart and lungs while bypassing the treadmill, a rowing machine is an excellent investment for your well-being. There are several high-caliber brands on the market for you to consider.
No matter which reputable brand or feature-rich rowing machine model you choose, avoid interrupting your fitness regimen by protecting your investment against various damages and mechanical failures with an Upsie warranty
Choose Your Rowing Machine from Offerings from 4 Top Fitness Brands
Launching your search for your own rowing machine will yield several options from top fitness industry equipment brands. Explore the bells, whistles and more from some of the best personal consumer ergometers today.
In a June 2020 article, Business Insider
discussed the new $2,200 Hydrow’s
potential to become the Peloton of at-home rowing machines. The designers of the Hydrow designed the rower to mimic proper rowing motion, offering you a complete, full-body workout in one session.
Here are some additional details and specifications on the Hydrow:
- 86-inch-long by 25-inch-wide aluminum and steel frame
- Low-stress handle grip offers an ergonomic design for pain-free workouts
- Soft, rubberized feet protect floors
- Easy-to-access and easy-to-see 22-inch HD touchscreen mounted on the front with 1920×1080 resolution
- Sweat-proof monitor
- Hi-Fi speakers
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capabilities
- Workouts streaming 24/7 from world-class rowers and rowing coaches
New and veteran rowing fans might appreciate that Hydrow was founded by the U.S. National Rowing coach Bruce Smith
. He wanted to create and offer an affordable consumer product that provides exercisers with a convenient, efficient and accessible means to consistently perform a high-quality, full-body, low-impact workout with Hydrow.
offers many of the essential features rowing fans want in three purchase options: the RW200, RW500 and RW900. The $1,699 RW900 is the top-of-the-line and offers another world-class experience at a competitive price
for its offerings. Here are some features and details to consider:
- The 86.5-inch long x 22-inch wide folds up with its SpaceSaver® design
- 22-inch bright HD touchscreen
- iFit subscription allows access to a massive library of archived workouts and access to live training sessions
- Provides outdoor, studio and map-based sessions
- The console is compatible with Bluetooth and heart rate monitors
offers three ergometer levels for various price points with the 440R and 750R
, starting at $799 and going up to $1,403. Here are some considerations to make when exploring the higher-end ProForm rowing machines:
- SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance offers a quiet and smooth workout
- Automatic adjustable resistance
- 86.5-inch long x 22-inch wide
- 5-inch high-contrast display
- Interactive personal training through iFit subscription
- The SpaceSaver® design allows users to fold up the machine when not in use
4. Sunny Health and Fitness
Sunny Health and Fitness
offers customers budget-friendly rowing machines to give everyone a chance to row into fitness. Most of the Sunny Health and Fitness rowers feature a design that optimizes space while a few models offer an upright rowing mode to simulate a cycling experience. New rowers can invest in an ergometer at prices as low as $129 and going up to $599
. For anyone who wants to just put the work in, without a current need or desire for high-resolution screens and streaming training sessions, this brand has plenty of options.
Protect Your Rowing Machine with an Upsie Insurance Warranty
As you can see, each rowing machine brand offers something for everyone’s tastes and budgets. If you have decided on the right one for you, an Upsie fitness equipment warranty
can help you protect it from accidents, damages and mechanical failures for the long-term. Regardless of the brand, price range, or whether your rower was previously owned, Upsie has a warranty designed with your needs in mind, so you can get fit and stay fit from head to toe!
Learn More About Fitness Equipment:
* This article is over 6 months old and may or may not be updated.