The world of smartphones is brimming with options, including the OnePlus
brand. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer keeps on churning out new lines and versions to keep customers satisfied and waiting for the next new release. If you are thinking about purchasing a new mobile phone and are considering a OnePlus model, keep reading to learn more about their smartphones and the best insurance and warranty option for OnePlus from Upsie
What Can You Expect from a OnePlus Smartphone Purchase?
OnePlus promises fast charging and smooth scrolling, among many other features for various lines, including OnePlus 8T and OnePlus 7
- High-quality, flagship performance at the most reasonable price point a 5G phone with OnePlus 8
- Elegant 6.55-inch 1080 x 2400 AMOLED screen, frequently considered one of the best displays available
- Massive doses of power from the 5G boost
- Offers wireless charging and reverse wireless charging
- Features an in-screen fingerprint scanner
- Uses Android 11 OS and Snapdragon 865 CPU
- Has a quad-lens camera
Are There Any Known Issues with the OnePlus Smartphone?
- Slow charging
- Overheating concerns
- Connectivity Issues
- Slow performance
- Battery life issues
- Fingerprint sensor issues
These issues are frequently bugs that you can fix with some support assistance, as opposed to manufacturer’s defects that require a manufacturer or repair professional’s attention. However, it is always important to do your research about your manufacturer’s limited warranty and the best and most affordable insurance plan and extended warranty
Does OnePlus Offer a Warranty?
OnePlus smartphones purchased directly through OnePlus come with a limited one-year warranty, covering hardware components as originally manufactured and supplied. The limited warranty does not cover:
- Software and accessories
- Circumstances that result in defects or damage, such as misuse, accidents, neglect and abnormal conditions, including dampness, dirt, moisture and liquid
- Cracked screens and dents, scratches and other cosmetic damages
- Ordinary use, wear and tear
- Damages or defects due to excessive force or use of sharp or metallic objects on the touchscreen
- Conditions and situations causing defects and damage to a OnePlus smartphone, including fire, flooding, windstorm, collision with an object, lightning or earthquake
- Poor or failed operation as a result of faulty cellular transmission or reception, viruses or other software issues introduced to the product by the owner
OnePlus does offer a OnePlus Care Benefits plan that extends the limited warranty for an additional year, but that plan is not yet available in the United States.
Upsie Steps In to Help You Protect Your OnePlus Smartphone
Since OnePlus does not offer any type of extended care coverage for US customers, it is essential that you look elsewhere for meaningful coverage that protects your valuable mobile phone
. You’ll want protection from all the issues that might affect your daily productivity and vital communications. You need more than one year of extremely limited warranty coverage when you make an investment in your mobile phone. This is especially true when it costs $599 and up for models 7T and later.
Upsie offers everything your OnePlus model’s manufacturer warranty offers, plus so much more:
- Cracked screen and accident protection to cover drops, spills and more
- Various types of failure, including power, battery, WiFi, camera, audio, headphone jack, touch screen and Bluetooth
- Convenient one-time fee and a small deductible each time you need repair service
- Local repair options at certified shops near you
- Free round-trip shipping for in-house repair with prioritization to tend to your device within 24 hours of arrival at the Upsie repair facility
- If the cost of repair is too high, or the repair is not feasible, Upsie will replace your device
- More consistent and reliable than warranties offered by big box and e-commerce stores
- Easy-to-understand contracts that cost 70% less than other warranty plans available
- Covers new, used and refurbished OnePlus smartphones
The fee for a two year Upsie extended warranty for a OnePlus mobile phone that costs between $400 and $849 is $105.99 with a $75 deductible per each repair.
Learn More About OnePlus Phones: