This Chinese company frequently introduces so many phones that it’s almost hard to keep up. According to TechRadar
, the top brands from Xiaomi include Redmi
, and Black Shark
. To learn more about this wide range of phone choices, read this introduction to various Xiaomi brands.
Xiaomi Mi Vs. Poco Vs. Black Vs. Redmi Phone Brands
As a company, Xiaomi appears to try to cover a variety of tastes and budgets. As an example, consider Mi as the mid-priced, all-around phone, and think of Redmi as more of a budget-friendly brand. The company obviously developed the distinctive Black Shark brand with gamers in mind. It’s a little harder to classify the Poco brand because some models appear to fall into the budget category, but others have prices and features that put them into a flagship phone category.
In any case, Xiaomi has striven to keep all of their phone choices relatively affordable for the features and quality that they deliver. Any phone shoppers considering a Samsung, Huawei, or even an Apple phone might give comparable models from Xiaomi a second look.
In particular, note these examples of top models:
- Mi 11: This is the flagship phone from the company for this year. The M11 offers great performance and high-quality cameras, though the fingerprint scanner’s a little fussy. Also, the battery life might disappoint some people. According to TechRadar, the new M11 can compete very well with high-end Samsung and Apple phones.
- Poco X3 NFC: In contrast to the Mi 11, the Poco X3 NFC has a good battery and a budget price. On the downside, the handset’s a little bulky and some low-cost competitors have better cameras.
- Black Shark 3: As noted before, mobile gamers should enjoy the Black Shark 3, and it’s priced very well for its specs. It looks like a gaming device, which may or may not appeal to some people.
- Redmi Note 9: The Redmi Note 9 offers decent battery life and for the low price, a good camera. It lags with performance, which could make the similarly priced Poco X3 NFC a better choice.
How to Protect Xiaomi Smartphones
People can take a few sensible steps to protect their phones. For instance, they can enable Find My Phone
to locate the smartphone from another device if it ever gets lost. Prudent phone owners will also want to invest in a case and screen protector.
Of course, even the best care can’t always ensure phones remain free from defects of even accidental damage. That’s where an Upsie smartphone extended warranty
steps in. For example:
- In addition to helping pay for accidental damage from water or drops, this protection plan will also service defects, electrical problems, screen malfunctions, camera issues, and much more.
- Also, even though an Upsie extended warranty costs less than most competitors, it comes with the low deductible of only $25.
- Live customer service reps are online and on the phone 24-7 to help with questions and claims.
Upsie members have the option of choosing either mail-in or local certified technicians. With mail-in service, Upsie even pays for two-day postage and packaging. Also, new customers have up to 120 days to register their new protection plan, so they don’t need to make a rushed warranty decision at the time of purchase. It’s important to note that Upsie can only protect smartphones purchased in the US.
With so many phones on the market, shoppers may have a tough time choosing the best one. On the other hand, prudent phone buyers can always make the right choice by enrolling in an Upsie smartphone protection plan.
Learn More About Smartphone Protection: