Besides Dolby Atmos, this new soundbar will also work with Sony 360RA
. True audiophiles who want to bring home the sound experience of a movie theater or live show should keep an eye on this model.
Highlights of the Sony HT-A7000 Dolby Atmos Soundbar
- 7.1.2-channel decoding
- Includes side-mounted speakers
- Onboard subwoofer
According to Engadget
, this new soundbar supports both Dolby Atmos and Sony’s 360 Reality Audio (360RA). In addition, it promises a 360-degree experience with object-based, spatial audio tech. Because it supports both formats, it offers more options for streaming services and compatible devices.
Does the HT-A7000 Come With a Wireless Subwoofer?
Sony intends for the HT-A7000 to replace the Sony HT-ST5000. However, unlike its predecessor, the HT-A7000 doesn’t come with a wireless subwoofer. Typically, high-end soundbars do include a wireless subwoofer, so that news might surprise some people.
Still, Sony mentioned that they had a good reason for leaving the subwoofer out. Apparently, customers asked the company to unbundle the soundbar and subwoofer because it overpowered smaller spaces.
How Much Will the Sony HT-A7000 Soundbar Cost?
Expect to pay $1,300 for the soundbar. The soundbar can work alone, but some add-ons that will complete the setup include:
- SA-SW5 subwoofer: $700
- SA-SW3 subwoofer: $400
- SA-RS3S satellite speakers: $350
The SW5 subwoofer provides 300 watts, and the SW3 offers 200 watts. Additionally, all three of these options connect wirelessly to the soundbar for a seamless experience. Expect to see the HT-7000 soundbar and optional accessories on the market by autumn of 2021.
How to Protect High-End Soundbars
After investing over a thousand dollars in a high-end sound system, customers will want to ensure they can enjoy all of the promised features without fear of technical failure. Meanwhile, new sound devices don’t just reproduce audio. Instead, they connect with other devices and rely on high-tech sound and computer components with plenty of room for technical issues.
Just as with other sophisticated electronics, consumers will want to consider an extended warranty. Consider the advantages of Upsie protection:
- Upsie offers a choice of two- and three-year protection plans, and they charge up to 70 percent less compared to other warranty companies such as BestBuy and SquareTrade.
- The 24-7, live claims representatives offer Upsie customers a choice between certified repair shops in the area or free shipping for mail-in repairs.
- For speakers and soundbars, Upsie protection covers mechanical, power, connectivity, and sound failure, plus it extends the manufacturer’s warranty for protection against defects.
- Upsie doesn’t charge a deductible for home speaker systems.
How to Get an Extended Warranty for Soundbars and Speakers
After buying the perfect setup, it’s simple to get an Upsie warranty to keep it protected.
Learn More About Soundbars and Speakers: