Most people first notice the price difference between the Sonos Move
and the Sonos Roam
speakers. The Move costs $399, and Sonos priced the Roam at only $169. Sometimes, people say that consumers get what they pay for. However, in the case of comparing the Sonos Move and Sonos Roam, the more affordable option provides some important benefits that may attract even picky speaker buyers.
Comparing the Sonos Move Vs. the Sonos Roam
According to Tom’s Guide, the Sonos Roam is not only more affordable, lots of people may actually prefer some of its features over the Move.
This comparison of the two speakers may help consumers make a decision:
- Size and weight: Sonos made the Roam very compact, and it only weighs one pound. This makes it a great option for people who want portability. In contrast, the Move weighs over six pounds, so it’s not the sort of thing that audiophiles can carry around in their pocket or purse.
- Water resistance: Sonos made the Move water resistant. A little rain or accidental spill shouldn’t damage it. In contrast, the Roam is waterproof enough to survive a short submersion in water. That could make the Roam a better choice for a poolside party or trip to the beach.
- Sound quality: Just by its size alone, of course, the Sonos Move can produce somewhat better sound quality. On the other hand, the Roam performs extremely well for such a small device. They both support Sonos’ Auto Trueplay. This technology includes microphones that enable the speaker to tune and adjust itself to account for the environment.
Is the Sonos Roam or Sonos Move a Better Speaker Choice?
Both speakers work with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa over Wi-Fi. With Bluetooth, they can play music from streaming services such as Spotify or Pandora. Also, both speakers promise a battery life of at least 10 hours of active listening.
The Roam’s battery life might disappoint some people. A competitor in the ultra-small speaker category, the LG XBoom Go Pl7
, promises 24 hours of active listening between charges. Plus, the LG speaker retails for only about $125.
In any case, people who hope to enjoy a great sound experience with a truly portable and durable device might prefer the Sonos Roam over the Move. They might also appreciate the lower price. However, if sound quality and volume matter more, it’s probably best to consider the Sonos Move.
Protecting a New Sonos Speaker With the Best Warranty Protection
Sonos has earned a solid reputation for producing high-quality, versatile, and durable speakers. It’s a great idea to browse the Sonos speaker collection
before deciding upon which model will provide the best experience. After that, it’s prudent to look into Upsie speaker extended warranties
in order to give a Sonos speaker the protection that it deserves.
Like Sonos, Upsie has developed into a leader in its field by offering the most affordable, comprehensive protection plans on the market. For example:
- Choose between a two- or three-year warranty to ensure high-quality repairs in case of mechanical or sound failures and even damage from accidental drops or liquid damage.
- All Upsie customers get 24-7 claims service from live representatives and their choice between local or prepaid mail-in service from certified shops.
- Upsie gives speaker owners 60 days from their purchase date to register a new warranty online.
Besides speakers, Upsie also offers warranties for many kinds of electronics and appliances. These kinds of products range from smartphones
and fitness equipment
. Invest time in choosing the best models to purchase, and then make the simple decision to protect those investments with Upsie.
Learn More About Portable Speakers: