There are many reasons that people struggle to get the optimal number of hours of sleep each night, including working varied shifts, taking in excessive amounts of caffeine, failing to see the value of a good night’s sleep, and loud sounds or deep silence.
Why Is Sound Such an Instrumental Factor in Falling and Staying Asleep?
It is no secret that certain sounds, or lack thereof, help people sleep better. So whether you are struggling to shut out the sounds of late-night arguing neighbors, dogs barking all night, or the deep silence of living in a rural area, you might need some help getting to sleep and staying asleep.
The importance of sound is fairly simple: sound or lack of it can add to any overarching issues you are dealing with, such as stress at work, arguments with a loved one, the loss of a job, or an illness. You might find that you are too distracted by the associated, worrisome thoughts combined with the ambient sounds in the neighborhood and can’t fall asleep, much less get a full night’s rest.
Some people can turn on a box fan or the television and tune everything out, but sometimes people need sounds more specific to some internal need or general preference.
Here are some favorite sounds of troubled sleepers:
- Nature sounds, including rain, thunderstorms, babbling brooks, ocean waves, frogs croaking, and more
- Quiet instrumental music, including classical, new age, or light jazz
- White, pink, and brown noise to provide a neutral sound environment
Why Do You Need a Sound Machine?
You might wonder why you need to invest in a new electronic device to play your preferred sleeping sounds when you could play them on your laptop or stereo system or theater receiver
. Of course, you could use those options, but sound machines offer you more options specific to helping you get a good night’s rest.
When you choose the best sound machine, including the right features, you can plot your path to your perfect night’s sleep. The designers of high-quality sound and white noise machines understand that you need a boost in getting better sleep, so they have added features to help you.
The 3 Best Sound Machines in 2021
If you feel like a sound machine is a good choice to help you sleep and feel better, you might feel overwhelmed once you start shopping for one. You’ll find a huge range of brands, models, extended warranty options
, and more await you.
Let’s take a look at the three best sound machines in 2021 that will work for you.
1. Homedics White-Noise Sound Machine
According to New York Magazine: The Strategist
, the Homedics White-Noise Sound Machine
is the top-rated option, and it comes with a friendly $20 price tag. The Homedics sound machine already has more than 26,000 five-star reviews due to its ease of use alone. Many parents place it in children’s bedrooms to help them enjoy a smoother night’s sleep, but adults will love it too. Here are some key features people love about this sound machine:
- Volume control is easy to use and offers various settings
- The easy one-touch button lets you pick sounds in an instant.
- Usable with batteries or a plug, so you don’t have to keep it near an outlet
- Holds up well to years of consistent use
- The sounds are varied and pleasant, including rain, thunder, white noise, and more
2. Yogasleep Dohm Original Natural Sound Machine
Perfect for people who love to fall asleep to the sound of a whirring fan but want to skip the cool breeze. This calming, stylish machine is a bit pricier at $49.99
, but you might find the following features are worth it:
- Lets you easily create a personalized soothing sound
- Compact, making it easy to take it anywhere you go
- Uses a real fan for continuous, natural sound
- Plugs into a standard electrical outlet
3. Wave Premium Sleep Therapy Sound Machine
The Wave Premium sound machine
costs $29.99 and strikes a nice balance among the three listed, but you won’t sacrifice quality with this option. Let’s take a look at the features you’ll enjoy about this sound machine:
- The auto on/off feature is a fan favorite, letting you customize your soundscape nightly
- Ideal for use in bedrooms, nurseries, hotel rooms, and offices
- Comes with six sound options, including white noise, fan, ocean, rain, stream, and summer night
Get Ready to Enjoy Endless Sleep-Filled Nights with Your New Sound Machine
Your sleep is essential. Keeping your sound machine in the best condition can ensure that your sleep schedule stays consistent. Luckily, Upsie
offers premium extended warranties for a variety of electronics, including sound machines
Upsie’s sound machine warranties are incredibly affordable, starting at just $4.99 for two years of extended warranty protection. In addition, customers don’t have to pay a deductible when making a claim. With Upsie, customers can make unlimited claims up to the purchase price of the device. If repairs don’t make sense, Upsie will replace the sound machine for you.
Customers can purchase an Upsie warranty for sound machines bought within the last 60 days. Upsie also offers extended warranties for smartphones
, and other electronics.
Learn More About Sound Machines: