called the Wyze Cam V3 the best home security camera
for less than $40. The magazine even bestowed this affordable security cam with an Editors’ Choice Award for the array of features that Wyze managed to stuff into the camera’s small case.
After taking a brief moment to review this security camera’s features, many consumers will probably have trouble believing that Wyze set the list price at $35.98, and savvy shoppers can usually find it discounted at popular retailers.
The Wyze Cam V3 Review
Just some of the features included with the affordable Wyze Cam V3 include color night vision, 1080p daytime video, voice controls, a siren, local and cloud video storage, and intelligent motion detection.
Most camera features will require a wireless internet connection, even with a local storage option. The security camera comes with an IP65 weatherproof rating for indoor and outdoor use. In addition, a hinge allows for vertical positioning of 180 degrees, and the camera also swivels 360 degrees on its base.
Even more, this affordable camera supports both Google Home Assistant and Amazon Alexa. However, the device does not support Apple HomeKit. The camera does support IFTTT applets to allow integration with various smart home devices from third parties. Naturally, the Wyze Cam V3 also works with other Wyze devices, like smart light bulbs and door locks.
The camera comes with a USB cable, but it doesn’t need it for power. Wyze offers excellent value for customers who buy only the camera, but some people may want to add in some affordable extras:
- The V3 integrates with the Wyze Spotlight Kit, which sells for about $17. The company also offers the camera and spotlight as a bundle for about $50.
- The purchase of an optional 32GB microSD card or a $1.99-month subscription offers better storage options.
Wyze also offers a free mobile app to support this camera and other smart devices. The camera is also simple to install. On the other hand, dealing with the USB cord might prove challenging outdoors. For instance, the included USB cable measures six feet, so the outlet must be fairly close.
Wyze also sells a battery-powered outdoor camera called the Wyze Cam Outdoor
, and it might prove a better solution for mounting in places with no nearby power outlet.
The Best Wyze Security Camera Warranty
Highlights of Upsie warranties for smart home technology include:
- Live agents help Upsie customers through the claims process 24-7, and this assistance includes arranging local or mail-in warranty repairs.
- Upsie makes registering a warranty simple and only requires an image of the sales receipt as documentation.
- Upsie’s robust coverage protects against mechanical, electrical, and electronic defects, including connectivity problems.
- Upsie costs up to 70 percent less than competitors, retailers, and manufacturers.
According to SafeHome
, almost 40 percent of Americans rely on a home security system, and the use of integrated smart home devices has grown increasingly popular in recent years. Simple management with a phone app or a smart monitor makes them increasingly attractive. These cameras and other smart devices can make homes more secure, and Upsie will be here to protect the devices.
Besides connected security cameras, Upsie also offers extended warranties for smart displays, speakers, doorbells, and various electronics.
Learn More About Home Tech: