If you’ve been shopping for laptops recently, you may have noticed some higher-end laptops sporting a new Intel Evo badge
. What does this badge mean, though, and what kind of standards is a laptop required to meet before it reaches the Intel Evo standard?
In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about Intel’s new Evo branding as well as how you can protect your Intel Evo laptop with an industry-leading extended warranty from Upsie.
Intel Evo: Everything You Need to Know
In September 2020, Intel launched its latest line of 11th generation “Tiger Lake” processors. Alongside these new processors, Intel introduced a new branding platform dubbed “Intel Evo.”
While the Intel Evo badge mainly promotes Intel’s latest line of processors, there are more requirements that a laptop must meet beyond simply being equipped with Intel’s Tiger Lake processors to earn the Intel Evo badge.
Intel Evo can be considered an extension of Project Athena
— a project that Intel launched in 2019, which required laptops sporting the Project Athena badge to meet certain standards regarding battery life, charging speed, and responsiveness.
Intel Evo Requirements
Today, laptops with the Intel Evo branding must meet many requirements. A laptop must meet the following criteria before it is eligible for Intel Evo branding:
- The ability to wake from sleep in less than a second
- 9+ hours of real-world battery life on laptops with a full HD display
- 4+ hours of battery life from a thirty-minute charge on laptops with a full HD display
- At least 8GB of RAM and 256GB of NVMe SSD storage
- An Intel Core i5 or Core i7 Tiger Lake CPU with Xe graphics
- A fanless design or fans that are smaller than 15mm
- Biometric log-in options
- Pen support, a backlit keyboard, and a precision touchpad
- A USB-C charging port
- A user-facing camera with a resolution of at least 720p at 30FPS
- Support for Far-field, OpenVino, and WinML AI technologies
- Standard Thunderbolt 4 and Wi-Fi 6 support
- Immersive audio with high-fidelity audio codec and speaker tuning
- An ultra-slim clamshell or 2-in-1 chassis
- A Windows 10 or Chrome OS operating system
These demanding standards mean that only the highest quality laptops on the market today qualify for Intel Evo branding. Therefore, an Intel Evo badge ensures that you purchase an exceptional laptop with the latest hardware and software features.
Unfortunately, however, this also means that laptops that qualify for the Intel Evo badge are typically quite expensive. Thankfully, Upsie protects your costly Intel Evo laptop with a reliable laptop extended warranty.
Protect Your Intel Evo Laptop With an Extended Warranty From Upsie
Upsie offers the best protection for your Intel Evo Laptop
. Upsie protects laptops from a range of potentially harmful or damaging situations. For example, with an Upie warranty, you can expect protection from:
- Accidental damage
- Manufacturing defects
- Motherboard and internal computer failure
- Wi-Fi failure
- Screen damage
- And more
From drops and spills to battery issues, Upsie’s industry-leading warranty protects your device, giving you complete peace of mind that your laptop is covered in the event of an accident or malfunction. Best of all, Upsie offers premium protection that costs up to 70 percent less than competitors.
To learn more about the benefits of this industry-leading extended warranty, feel free to contact Upsie today
Learn More About Laptops: