certainly sounds like a strange name for a tech company. It’s hard to resist the temptation to make jokes about the products probably turning out better than nothing
What to Know About the Nothing Phone 1
According to Tom’s Guide
, Nothing recently announced the planned release of the Nothing Phone 1 in the summer of 2022. The company hasn’t offered many details about the new smartphones, but these verified facts sparked interest:
- The company also announced the plan to use a Qualcomm chipset and provide support for such third-party products as Tesla cars and AirPods.
- Nothing promised a fast, smooth Nothing OS operating system capable of learning and improving as it’s used.
- The company also said it would provide customers with software updates for three years and security updates for four years.
How Much Will the Nothing Phone 1 Cost?
Nothing hasn’t released a price for the Nothing Phone 1 yet. According to their press release
, “More details about phone (1) will be announced in the coming months.” But the first release of an electronic product may offer some clues. For instance, CNET praised
the Nothing Ear 1 earbuds because they’re lightweight, offer active noise cancellation, and only cost about $100.
Previous Nothing Product: Nothing Ear 1 Earbuds
CNET also liked the touch controls, microphone, and fast-charging capability of the earbuds case. To continue, they also earned an IPX4 water-resistance rating, which means they’re resistant to splashes.
Negatives of the earbuds included a relatively short battery life without the case and too loose of a fit to wear when jogging. Still, reviewers gave the Nothing Ear 1 earbuds a positive rating for the things the company did well for an economy price.
Thus, most industry watchers assume that Nothing will have similar goals for the Nothing Phone 1 launch. Expect many premium features, a reasonably durable design, and a competitive price. If those predictions prove true, the Nothing Phone 1 might be something many people will consider buying.
How to Buy a Good Smartphone Extended Warranty
Some people may want to wait for September to determine if the Nothing Phone 1 lives up to its promise of offering an affordable and durable smartphone with plenty of premium features. Others might choose to look at some of its likely competitors, like Apple, Samsung, or Carl Pei’s former company, OnePlus.
With any smartphone brand, prudent smartphone buyers know the vulnerability of the most durable electronics to unexpected hazards. This experience with accidental drops and spills, power shorts, or prematurely worn buttons explains the popularity of Upsie smartphone warranties
Pay less for Upsie protection than for competitive retail warranties and enjoy better service. For instance:
- Get 24-7 live claims by phone with helpful and friendly reps who help customers file claims and obtain service.
- Upsie pays for two-day postage both ways for mail-in service, and the company also allows local repairs from certified technicians.
- Upsie only charges a $75 deductible, and if the phone can’t be repaired, Upsie will provide reimbursement or replacements.
- Coverage protects against wear, defects, or accidents, including cracked screens, drops, and liquid spills.
Invest in a better smartphone, knowing that Upsie will offer prompt, accessible repairs in case of unexpected damage. In addition to Nothing smartphones, Upsie also covers other brands and all popular kinds of electronics. Take up to 120 days after purchase to enroll in Upsie smartphone coverage online.
Learn More About Smartphones: