The Chinese electronics company called Oppo hasn't achieved the brand recognition for smartphones of Samsung or even Huawei. Still, the company has recently gained popularity outside of its home country. Oppo recently announced an upgrade to its flagship Find Series, called the Oppo Find X5
. Within this series, Oppo offers a base model in the middle, and a Lite and Pro version.
Release Date and Prices for Oppo Find X5 Series of Smartphones
According to TechRadar
, Oppo releases phones to various markets rather sporadically. The company hasn't released smartphones in the United States for a few years, but they generally sell their products in the UK, Australia, Italy, and France. Thus, the updated phone might not make it to the US market, and if it does, it's not clear when.
A TechRadar announcement
about the Oppo Find X5 Series says that the company announced the new smartphones on February 24. It plans to open pre-orders in the UK on March 10 and begin shipping on March 24. In US dollars, the phones in this series will start at about $560 for the X5 Lite, $1,000 for the X5, and $1,400 for the Pro.
The price has declined a bit since the X3 Series release, but the X5 and X5 Pro still compare in cost to other premium smartphones. The X5 Lite comes with a mid-range price and specs.
Important Specs for the Oppo Find X5 Smartphone Series
Each of the three phones in this series comes with a different chipset:
- X5 Pro: The Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 might stand out as the best Android processor currently on the market.
- X5: The Snapdragon 888 represents last year's top Android processor, which still compares very well to most chips on the market for Android smartphones.
- X5 Lite: The MediaTek Dimensity 900 processor in the X5 lite represents a typical mid-range processor choice for Androids.
As released in the UK, the Pro offers 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. The Pro may also offer a high-end option with 512GB of storage and 8GB of RAM. There is no release date for this option, though. To continue, the X5 and X5 Lite will each come with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. However, some regions may see the X5 with an option to upgrade to 12GB of RAM. The Lite offers a microSD card slot, but the other smartphones in the series do not.
Where to Buy the Best 2022 Smartphone Warranties
The continuous introduction of innovative, advanced phones encourages users to trade in old models for new ones. These latest devices rival the performance, storage, and graphics of computers. And these days, many people rely on their smartphones as much or more as larger devices.
Highlights of these protection plans include:
- Upsie provides comprehensive coverage against accidental damage, wear, or any defects that the initial warranty doesn't cover.
- Upsie customers can call a claims representative 24-7-365, and that representative will help customers complete claims and access local or mail-in repairs.
- Even better, Upsie eliminates waste and intermediaries, so it can offer warranty plans that cost just $9.99 per month.
These days, consumers can enjoy a wealth of smartphone choices from top manufacturers worldwide. Take time to select the perfect device for individual needs and budgets, and then make a quick decision to cover that device (purchased in the US) with an Upsie extended warranty.
Learn More About Smartphones: