Families with home entertainment centers know the value of finding a high-quality Blu-ray player.
Accordingly, this device makes a home viewing and listening area complete, offering you the perfect media player for all your entertainment needs. The best players available provide you with unparalleled streaming, connectivity, versatility, and quality
You might wonder what the best Blu-ray players are. Two top machines today are the Panasonic DP UB9000 4K
and Pioneer UDP-LX500
. These two trusted brands offer you high-quality streaming equipment, but how do you choose between them? Let’s take a look at both to see which one will work best to round out your carefully designed home entertainment system while offering the best extended TV and home theater warranty
Panasonic DP UB9000 4K vs. Pioneer UDP-LX500
Panasonic and Pioneer are both Japanese electronics companies. They have spent decades pleasing consumers with everything from VHF and record turntables to today’s smart TVs for streaming
. However, the two companies are now going head-to-head in the Blu-ray market, hoping to get your attention and purchase. To demonstrate, let’s take a look at both Blu-ray options to see which one will fit best in your home entertainment space.
Panasonic DP UB9000 4K
You might instantly note the 4K designation on this machine and wonder what it is and why it might contribute to your decision-making process. To explain, 4K is the display resolution, which is the number of pixels a screen can show and translate, showing the screen’s fully intended level of detail. For example, screen displays for home users generally feature 3,840 pixels horizontally and 2,160 vertically
, compared to standard 1080p resolution that displays 1,920 pixels horizontally and 1,080 vertically.
While the 4K feature is vital to the quality of the Panasonic Blu-ray device, there is a lot more to consider from this flagship model, including these features and specifications:
- Smart capabilities
- 2,160p maximum resolution
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Unique adjustability
- Solid, tank-like build quality
- Compatible with a wide range of disc formats, including BD-ROM, BD-RE, BD-R, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, Ultra HD Blu-ray
- Supports the HDR10, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, and HLG HDR formats
- Two USB ports, with one at 2.0 and another at 3.0
- 7.1 analog audio quality
- Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs
- Easy installation
- Remote control options
- A limited selection of built-in apps, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube
- Comprehensive downloadable owner’s manual on the website
The Panasonic DP UB9000 4K brings a lot of quality to the table for $999. In conclusion, it’s certainly worth further research to learn more about the features and specs available.
With a price tag of around $1,999, the Pioneer UDP-LX500 is an expensive option. Fortunately, the Pioneer UDP-LX500 comes with a lot of benefits you’re sure to love when looking for top-quality home entertainment components.
Here are some core features and specifications that might sway you toward the Pioneer UDP-LX500:
- Ultra HD Blu-ray playback
- 6-Layered main circuit board for high S/N Ratio
- Four times the 1,080p resolution with full HD quality
- 3-block internal layout
- Ultra-rigid construction and a double-layered chassis
- On-screen breakdown display of disc information
- Multiple compatible disc formats, including BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-DA, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM
- Zero Signal Terminal feature, an original Pioneer feature, tunes audio and video quality without signal transmission
- PQLS (Precision Quartz Lock System) jitter-less sound transmission is a precision quartz controller, eliminating timing error-based distortion
The only complaints from ardent fans focus on the lack of analog pre-out outputs and multi-channel analog capabilities. Otherwise, this machine has received rave reviews.
Which Blu-ray Player is the Perfect Fit for Your Home Entertainment System?
Making the choice between Panasonic versus Pioneer is difficult. Both brands offer you a unique assortment of features and specifications that make either choice a great addition to your home theater and listening area. You’ll need to weigh the cost and features to determine the best bargain. Fortunately, either Blu-ray device you choose can be covered under an Upsie
extended home theater warranty.
Let Upsie Help You Add Confidence to Your Home Theater Experience
Many people worry about making purchases that feature large price tags like the Panasonic DP UB9000 4K or the Pioneer UDP-LX500
. No one wants to buy a high-end item, only to worry that it might fail or break in a few years. With an Upsie home theater warranty
, you can choose either model and use it with confidence for years to come.
Upsie’s extended warranties cover manufacturing defects and power supply issues with two-year, three-year, and five-year warranties. In addition, Upsie can warranty your TV, protecting it from screen burn-in and dead pixels.
If you experience any issues, call the Upsie team to learn how easy it is to take care of issues quickly and completely. Contact Upsie
to learn more details about home theater product warranties.
Learn More About Home Theaters: