It seems like there is a never-ending stream of both smart products and home speaker systems. Manufacturers increasingly combine the two to provide you with unique capabilities and conveniences. For example, Google offers its customers two versions that offer an array of features, specifications and functionality, the Google Nest Mini
and the Google Home Mini
With so many options on the market, it can be tough to make a good choice. Here’s how you can make the best decision regarding speakers. In addition, we’ll share how extended speaker warranties
can protect this increasingly popular technology.
What Are Smart Speakers?
To identify the right smart speakers for your home or office, you might need more information to make the best choice. Smart speakers are devices that play your favorite music
and do much more, including:
- Provide answers to questions you ask verbally
- Control different parts of your home, such as security, using the technology’s built-in virtual assistant feature
- Serve as a central news and information resource, providing up-to-the-minute details about the weather, traffic conditions, mapping and directions, and much more
You can also rely on your smart speaker system to control various household tasks, such as:
- Opening and closing your garage door
- Monitoring security
- Controlling environmental devices like your thermostat
- Adjusting lighting according to usage and needs
- Locking doors
- Raising and lowering window shades
- And much more
As you can see, a smart speaker system takes a music playback system and turns it on its ear to provide a bounty of conveniences far beyond listening to your favorite music.
Basic Features of Smart Speaker Systems
With so many options, you need to find ways to determine what you want.
When shopping for smart speakers, some essential features include a compact size that lets you tuck your system out of the way while ensuring it is still accessible and within range of picking up your voice. Most systems are small enough to place in locations like:
- Kitchen counter
- Work desk
- Patio table
Internet Access and Bluetooth Connectivity
You need to ensure that you buy a product that allows you to pair with your home’s wireless system via Bluetooth connectivity.
To give commands and ask questions, ensure that your smart speakers have voice control command capabilities with a built-in speaker.
Music Playback and Streaming
Last but not least, make sure your speakers can access your streaming subscription platform and play back the music you love with the quality you want.
Do Google Nest Mini and Google Home Mini Offer These Smart Speaker Necessities?
To launch into the goal of comparing the Google Nest Mini and Google Home Mini, start by considering how affordable these units are. The average price for a Google Home Mini costs between $29.99 and $49.99, while the Google Nest Mini consistently costs around $49.99.
Those are great prices for something that can do so much, but do they both do everything you want your smart speakers to do?
Google Home Mini
The Google Home Mini is the predecessor to the Google Nest Mini, so you might expect it to offer fewer or less refined features. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a lot going for it since, in 2018, CNET
stated that it was a great alternative to the Amazon Echo Dot
. Google scaled down its original, full-sized Google Home device into this compact option while leaving in all the good stuff. Let’s explore its best features and specifications:
- Sleek, compact design that doesn’t sacrifice quality
- Hands-free, voice controls
- Telephone calls for free in the U.S.
- Respectable 40mm driver for reasonable sound quality
- Supports pairing for stereo sound
- Compatible with Google Assistant
Google Nest Mini
Intended to replace Google Home Mini, Google Nest Mini has many of the same offerings with a few more for you to consider when making your decision:
- Includes AirPlay to connect to Apple devices
- Recognizes individual voices
- Comes with a built-in screw mount for more placement options
- Adds pause controls to Google Home Mini’s tap volume controls and physical microphone mute button
- Tags on 360-degree sound to the 40mm driver for improved sound quality
- Adds another microphone for a total of three
Which Google Smart Speaker System Is Right for You?
As you can see, the differences are fairly subtle between these two Google smart speakers. If you want a device with a few extra features for roughly the same price, the Google Nest is probably a good option. However, the added placement options might take the Google Nest Mini over the top for people struggling to find convenient places to place their smart speakers.
Upsie offers extended warranty plans
to protect this essential home investment, regardless of which one you choose. Upsie’s warranties are comprehensive, affordable, and intuitive. Plus, with an Upsie warranty, customers can make unlimited claims up to the purchase price of their device. As a result, customers get the best protection at the best price. For more information, visit Upsie.com
Learn More About Home Tech: