Samsung is a well-known brand with a good reputation for quality products. They make everything including cell phones, tablets, memory chips, digital media devices, and even appliances. While Samsung is a great brand, their products are not indestructible. If you purchase a Samsung appliance, like a dishwasher, we recommend you also get warranty protection.
What is Samsung?
Samsung is a South-Korean company that manufactures dozens of electronic devices, appliances, and other products. They are one of the world’s largest manufacturers. Overall, they’re a trusted brand with a good reputation for making reliable, durable products.
Interestingly, Samsung started out as a grocery trading store in 1938. Then in the 50s, the company bought up local banks and insurance agencies, expanding its services greatly. Finally, in the 1970s, Samsung started producing petrochemicals and electronics.
Why Do You Need a Samsung Dishwasher Warranty?
Even though Samsung has built a solid reputation for producing high-quality products that last, dishwashers break
. Not only could you buy a lemon with internet defects, but you could have someone service it, and if they used inferior parts, it could break even worse. Hard water can also be tough on dishwashers and cause problems. Some of the problems you may experience are:
- Dishes come out dirty or not thoroughly washed – motor problems
- Dishwasher leaks onto the floor – water pump not working
- Dishes aren’t dry – heating element issues
- Dishwasher won’t start – power failure
- Buttons don’t operate – electronic or mechanical malfunction
- Water left in the dishwasher – drain problems
- Dishwasher is excessively loud or starts making funny noises
- Soap dispenser stops working
How Good is Samsung’s Dishwasher Warranty?
Many U.S. manufacturers produce great products but don’t extend that reliability to their warranties. For example, Samsung’s dishwasher warranty
is a limited one covering manufacturing defects for only a year from the date of purchase. They also include this disclaimer with some exclusions saying:
“This limited warranty is valid only on products purchased and used in the United States that have been installed, operated, and maintained according to the instructions attached to or furnished with the product. To receive warranty service, the purchaser must contact SAMSUNG at the address or phone number provided below for problem determination and service procedures. Warranty service can only be performed by a SAMSUNG authorized service center. The original dated bill of sale must be presented upon request as proof of purchase to SAMSUNG or SAMSUNG’s authorized service center to receive warranty service.”
Depending on the model, some parts are covered for 2, 5, or 10 years. See below for more information:
- “Two (2) years All Parts *Varies by model
- Five (5) years Electronic Control System *Varies by model
- Five (5) years Printed Circuit Board *Varies by model
- Five (5) years Linear Motion Parts *Varies by model
- Five (5) Years Racking *Varies by model
- Ten (10) years Parts and Labor on Tub and Door Liner *Varies by model
- Lifetime Stainless Door Liner & Tub *Varies on model *Varies by model”
That’s not a great warranty when you consider that you will most likely keep your dishwasher for many years and expect it to operate properly during the entire time you own it.
Check out Upsie’s Dishwasher Extended Warranty
When you think about everything that could go wrong with your new Samsung dishwasher, and the manufacturer’s warranty lasts only a year, you will want to protect your appliance with a dishwasher extended warranty from Upsie.
Upsie’s dishwasher extended warranty takes over where your initial warranty leaves off. It covers inherent defects along with other problems that may occur after the warranty runs out. You should get an extended warranty to prepare for problems like:
- Mechanical failure, including internal moving parts, motors, gears, electronics, tubing, etc.
- Power failure
- Heating/cooling issues with drying your dishes
- Drain failure/leaks
You will pay up to 70% less with Upsie, and there are no deductibles, no service fees, and you don’t have to worry about parts or labor.
Plus, your Upsie warranty is transferable, so if you sell the dishwasher or move, your warranty will stay with it. You can choose a 3-year or 5-year warranty, and rest assured that your dishwasher is in good hands with Upsie!
Learn More About Appliances: