It's always challenging to keep up with what Apple is up to because of its ongoing innovation. There's always something new, like the iPhone SE
and its latest version. The iPhone SE 2022 was released in stores on March 18, 2022.
If you're shopping for a new iPhone and are as thrifty as you are devoted to the Apple brand, you might wonder whether it's worth it to invest in the latest version or go with the second version released in 2020 to save a little money.
It's worth looking at both the SE 2022 and the SE 2020 to see which one will serve your needs, save you money and work for the long term. Plus, always pair new or refurbished smartphones with an extended smartphone warranty
and features accident protection.
Apple iPhone SE 2020
The Apple 2020 iPhone SE was the second iteration of this popular budget line. Released in 2020, this version features the A13 Bionic, touted as the fastest chip in a smartphone. It also features what is considered the best single-camera system in any iPhone.
In addition, this powerful smartphone features a 4.7-inch Retina HD display and Touch ID for optimal and industry gold-standard security. Packaged in a compact design, Apple went all out with the second generation SE, reinventing it inside and out. Best of all, it is also the most affordable iPhone at $399.
Here is a closer look at the top features of this powerful iPhone smartphone:
- It is supported by a camera system that unlocks the benefits of computational photography, including Portrait Mode, and stands up to dust and water exposure. It has a 12-megapixel rear camera, a 7-megapixel front camera, and video capture at 4K.
- The Apple-designed A13 Bionic smart chip powers it.
- The phone offers a rich 4.7-inch display.
- It comes in red, black, and white.
- The mobile software used is iOS 13.
- Storage capacity options are 64GB and 128GB. The 256GB has been discontinued since the initial release.
- The Home button comes with Touch ID.
- It is water-resistant (IP67).
- It features dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM, e-SIM).
- The smartphone offers wireless charging.
That's a lot of robust features, but does it live up to the latest Apple iPhone SE 2022?
Apple iPhone SE 2022
The first thing to get out of the way is the slight price increase to $429
. That might have an impact or might not, depending on the features and power of the third-generation mid-range phone. The Verge
reminds you that, as always, you'll enjoy software updates for years to come. In any case, good care and upkeep
will help ensure you get to keep using your iPhone SE 2022 for years, regardless.
One of the top features Apple is excited to announce about the 2022 iPhone SE is that it includes 5G to complement its speedy processor. Considering Apple is far ahead of the pack on this, they have essentially future-proofed this phone. You'll be set for several years to come while everyone else tries to catch up. Another feature to look forward to is the use of the A15 chip, which is found in Apple's iPhone 13 series.
Aside from the stronger and superior glass, the design elements are basically the same as the second-generation SE. Here is a breakdown of the features to give you a better idea of what the SE iPhone 2022 has to offer:
- It still fits into the "most affordable iPhone" category.
- The powerful A15 Bionic chip takes a front seat.
- It has 5G.
- Compared to the iPhone SE 2020, it features better battery life.
- It has improved durability.
- It features a vibrant picture with built-in haptic touch.
- Apple bumped up the already fantastic camera system with advanced features, including Photographic Styles, Deep Fusion, and Smart HDR 4.
- It comes in the classic red color and the new Midnight and Starlight.
- It keeps the same IP67 water and dust resistance.
- The storage capacities are 64GB, 128GB, and 256 GB.
The Apple SE iPhone 2022 offers a lot to its customers. As a result, the choice between the SE 2022 and the SE 2020 isn't a simple choice.
You Can't Go Wrong with Either iPhone SE 2022 or SE 2020
Ultimately, both machines offer many features for a relatively low price. And the difference in price is $30, so only you can decide how significant that difference is. However, you get a little more machine for $30 with the newer and faster A15 Bionic chip and the inclusion of 5G. If those features matter to you, you are likely to feel like the 2020 version is significantly slower.
It all comes down to your personal choice, but they are both excellent options, especially when you pair your choice with an Upsie smartphone subscription warranty
to keep your smartphone safe and running for as long as the updates continue. With Upsie, customers still have access to Apple’s Genius Bar
and other local or shipped repairs.
Upsie’s warranties are affordable, comprehensive, and intuitive. As a result, the warranty is affordable and costs just $9.99 per month, and customers still receive the best protection on the market.
For the best protection, choose Upsie
Learn More About Smartphones: